Variant production has grown in importance over the years. It is due to the increasing demand for individual products, which applies equally to the B2B and B2C markets. Examples of variant production are the furniture industry and computer production. Starting from a basic configuration, different types are produced in the variant production, which differ, for example, in terms of colors, materials or functions.
From a business perspective, product variants increase the complexity of the production process. Instead of permanently loading the production lines with one product, the batch size is reduced. This increases set-up costs and planning effort. The width of the material increases, as does the number of work plans. In addition, there is an increased operational risk, because the demand for individual variants cannot always be reliably assessed.
Variant manufacturers have a great interest in keeping any additional costs manageable. ERP systems help to find optimal sequences, utilize resources and ensure adherence to deadlines.
ERP systems have become indispensable for variant manufacturers. With the help of ERP software, all production-relevant information can be centrally recorded and managed.
ZEPHIR Avenue enables:
- efficient planning and control of production
- flexible adaptation to changing requirements. For example, material procurement and use, production processes and deadlines can be better coordinated and controlled
- costs can be reduced and processes optimised
- Traceability of products is facilitated
- All in all, ZEPHIR Avenue offers variant manufacturers important support in overcoming the challenges associated with the production of variants.